Suggest a Purchase
We welcome your suggestions for books, movies or magazines you think the library should purchase.
If you can't find it in our catalogue you can request it to be purchased. Specialised or out-of-print titles may be able to be borrowed from another library via interlibrary loan.
Once you have made your suggestion, we will let you know if we will proceed with the purchase. For approved purchases, we will place a request for you. A list of your Purchase Requests is available in your My Account area. You are able to suggest up to 3 items per month.
The time for arrival of a new title will vary, but we will notify you once it has been received.
Each request for new items is assessed against the following guidelines:
- Items published over 5 years ago will generally not be considered unless the item is a classic work of fiction or film.
- New films and TV shows are not always available on DVD for several months after release. Requests for this material will not be accepted prior to release.
- R rated items will generally not be purchased.
- Text books will generally not be purchased.
- We are unable to purchase through Amazon, eBay or used book sites.
- Ebooks are only able to be purchased through our suppliers and not through Amazon or similar websites.