Logan City Council Libraries have study rooms available at Beenleigh, Jimboomba, Logan Central, Logan Hyperdome, Logan North, Logan West and Marsden libraries. Study rooms are free to use and are available during library opening hours.
Library study rooms can be used for the following purposes:
- Individual or small group study purposes
- Library activities (e.g. Adult literacy tutoring)
- Activities organised by local Logan businesses on a not-for-profit basis (e.g. Business meetings)
- Other activities organised on a not-for-profit basis
Booking a Study Room
Bookings for a Logan Library Study Room can be made in-person, over the phone or by email. If you require a booking within 24 hours, please contact your library branch directly. View the Library Locations for branch contact information.
Users can only make one study room booking per day and bookings are for a maximum of two hours. Bookings may be extended if no one else has a booking by speaking to library staff.
Study Rooms conditions of use :
- One booking per person or group per day
- Bookings are for a maximum of two hours
- Bookings can be extended if no one else has a booking
- Bookings can be made up to a maximum of two weeks in advance
- Only one study room booking can be made at a time
- Bookings must not exceed study room capacity
- Booking will be held for 15 minutes. After this time, the room may be used by another library patron
- Study Room facilities are provided free of charge. No fees are to be incurred by attendees
- Bookings can be made in-person, over the phone or by email
If you require a booking within 24 hours, please contact your library branch directly. View the Library Locations for branch contact information.
- Study rooms are only available during library opening hours
- Facilities and conditions of use for study rooms may vary between Libraries
- Study room cancellations can be made before the established booking time by telephone or in-person
- If the library requires the study room, any prior bookings will be cancelled or the booking changed (availability permitting). Where possible, the Logan Libraries will provide at least 48 hours advance notice of the cancellation
- Bookings are to be made through library staff and will be recorded for the purpose of keeping a record of study room users
- Whenever practicable, all study room users should be members of Logan City Council Libraries
- Study rooms are to be left in a clean and tidy state at the end of each booking
- Rubbish is to be deposited in the bins provided
- No responsibility is accepted by Logan City Council Libraries for any loss or damage of items left by the user or by any guest or invitee of the user
- The user is to ensure there is no excessive noise coming from the study room, nor any disturbance caused to other library customers
- All users of the study room will adhere to the behaviour charter for members (Library membership booklet, Member responsibilities- p5) and comply with any directions or requests made by library staff or other authorised persons.
COVID-safe conditions of use
To provide the community with access to library study rooms, Logan Libraries needs to adhere to all government COVID health directions in place.
Logan Libraries must also ensure all study room users apply COVID-safety measures and follow all relevant health directions.
Logan City Council Libraries is committed to working alongside the community to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To provide the community with access to the library meeting room, Logan Libraries will work together with meeting room users to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing or everyone.
For the safety of library staff and other participants, it is recommended that you please do not attend this session if you have COVID-19, are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and provide a safe environment for library customers and staff:
- All study room users must follow all COVID health directions in place at the library including, but not limited to:
- Practicing good hand hygiene by using hand sanitiser or washing hands with soap and water
- Maintaining a 1.5 metre distance between participants
- Complying with meeting room capacity limits
- Following all directions by library staff
- Study rooms will be wiped down by staff (desk, keyboard, screen) between bookings
- Furniture should not be moved
- Study room users feeling unwell or displaying flu-like symptoms are asked to not visit the library until they feel better