Conditions of Use for Logan City Council Library Meeting Rooms
Meeting room users must agree to abide by the following Library meeting rooms conditions of use:
- The meeting room organiser is responsible for ensuring that all persons participating in the booking comply at all times with the Conditions of Use for Logan City Council Library Meeting Rooms and all applicable Library policies and guidelines.
- The use of library meeting rooms is only available during library hours and is free of charge for community groups and small businesses located or operating in the City of Logan.
- Library Meeting room use is limited to activities that are not-for-profit, non-commercial, do not promote services or products for sale and do not aid or facilitate the present or future generation of business revenues.
- Users who operate or work for a small business in the City of Logan may use the library meeting room for non-revenue raising purposes only (i.e. business meetings, business development or co-working opportunities).
- Library Meeting room organisers cannot charge participants for attendance at meetings held in the library meeting rooms.
- There is to be no sale without permission. The user is not to hold or permit to be held any sale or auction in the library meeting room.
- All users of the meeting room will adhere to the Logan Library Behaviour Charter for members and comply with any directions or requests made by Logan City Council Libraries’ staff or other authorised personnel.
- Logan City Council Libraries reserve the right to attend any meeting to ensure that users are complying with the Conditions of Use for Logan City Council Library Meeting Rooms.
- Users must familiarise themselves with the position of the emergency exits and, in the case of an emergency, all members of the public come under the control of the Fire Warden and must comply with any given direction
- Logan City Council Libraries are smoke and alcohol free environments.
- Users can not store equipment in library meeting rooms and are responsible for any equipment or furniture they bring into the meeting room.
- Room set up and take down is the responsibility of the group using the facility. To leave the room in the same condition in which it was accepted, and to return chairs and tables to their original arrangement.
- The user is to exercise all reasonable care when using the meeting room and its facilities. Users are to accept full responsibility for any damage to the Meeting Room, its fittings, furniture and/or equipment during each booking.
- The user accepts all liability for any claims, damages, loss or bodily injury to the user or any other person in or about the premises due to any breach by the user/s of any of the provisions hereof or by reason of any act of negligence by the user or by any guest or invitee of the user.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Logan City Council Libraries for any loss or damage of items left by the user or by any guest or invitee of the user.
- All users are not to void insurance – not to create nor suffer to be done anything that might render void or voidable or otherwise prejudice any insurance on the property or any part thereof or whereby any premiums in respect thereof might be increased.
- Logan City Council Library Service has priority use of Library facilities and meeting rooms and reserves the right to cancel any scheduled meeting room bookings.
- The Libraries and Creative Industries Manager or delegate has the right to discontinue an agreement at any time, giving notice in writing to the user.
COVID-Safety Conditions of Use
To ensure compliance with COVID directions, Library meeting room users must agree to comply with following COVID-safe conditions of use:
- Prior to booking confirmation, the meeting room organiser will provide information regarding their use of the meeting room and how their group will maintain a COVID-safe environment.
- All bookings must comply with the Queensland Government COVID Safe Event Checklist.
- All relevant sections of the COVID Safe Event Checklist and Certificate of Compliance must be completed before each booking commences and a copy must be provided to the Regional Librarian or Officer in Charge.
- The meeting room organiser will ensure all participants answer the COVID Safe Event Checklist health screening questions to confirm participants:
- Are not unwell
- Are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Don’t have COVID-19 or are waiting results of COVID-19 test
- Haven’t been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Have not visited a Covid-19 hot spot in the past 14 days
- All participants will follow all COVID health directions in place at the library including, but not limited to:
- Contact tracing upon entry into the Library
- Practicing good hand hygiene by using hand sanitiser or washing hands with soap and water
- Maintaining a 1.5 metre distance between participants
- Complying with meeting room capacity limits
- Following all directions by library staff
- All commonly touched surfaces (tables, chairs, door handles, light switches etc.) and equipment are cleaned with the cleaning materials provided at the end of the meeting room booking.