Hive Coworking Spaces
Our Hive coworking spaces are now open at Logan Central and Logan West Libraries. Visit and Logan City Council library to find out how to become a business member.
The Hive is Logan City Council Libraries' coworking space. The use of the Hive is free of charge and intended for use by:
- People starting out in business
- Small business owners
- Independent professionals
These flexible, shared coworking spaces aim to support:
- Working independently
- Sharing ideas
- Opportunities for people to collaborate
The Hive also hosts regular business-focused events with industry experts. These events help support the development of skills and sharing of expertise.
This project has received financial assistance from the Queensland Government through State Library of Queensland.
The Creative Lab is at Hive West and available during branch opening hours. The Creative Lab supports business members who need access to commercial design tools and digital resources.
It contains two computers with access to:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premier Pro)
- Microsoft Office
- A range of online resources.
You can reserve these PCs via our online booking system.
The Adobe software provided in the Creative Lab is supported by Advance Queensland.
The Hive has a range of free resources available for you to use. These include:
- Wi-Fi access via the Logan City Council Libraries free WiFi
- Smart Whiteboard
- Flexible seating
- eResources, including online learning tools, eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Creative Lab (Hive West only)
To access the Hive you will need to be:
- An adult member of Logan City Council Libraries
- Registered as a Business User
Library members can register as a Business User at any Logan City Council Library. Once their registration is complete they can access the Hive and its resources.
Logan City Council Libraries maintains a productive, professional and friendly environment. Library Business Members must to respect the shared nature of the space by:
- Adhering to the conditions of use for Logan City Council Libraries' coworking spaces.
- Acknowledging the privacy and confidentiality of others using the space.
- Endeavouring to reduce their impact on other users. This includes noise, odour, use of furniture and the use of Logan City Council resources.
- Understanding that the space is multipurpose. As a result, other activities prevent a user from undertaking specific tasks. Events hosted by the library are also held in the space and may impact on users.
- Not providing access to the Hive for people they don’t know. Anyone wanting to access the space should see library staff in the first instance.
Logan City Council Libraries provides coworking services to Library Business members. Library business members are subject to the following Conditions of Use:
- Users must have an active Logan City Council Library Business Membership.
- Users must abide by the Information Privacy Act.
- Users must abide by Logan City Council Libraries’ behaviour charter. Users must also follow the internet access terms and conditions.
- Users will not use the coworking services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these conditions of use.
- Users may not behave in a way that restricts and/or inhibits any other user from enjoying the service.
- Hive users are responsible for any food or drink brought into the space. Users must also show consideration to other users in the choice of food or drink consumed.
- Hive users must return swipe access cards at the completion of a user’s session. Let library staff know as soon as possible if you have lost a swipe card. If the swipe card is not located, you will need to pay a replacement cost.
- Users are welcome to host guests in the coworking space. Members are responsible for their guests’ behaviour.
- Logan City Council accepts no liability for loss, damage or theft of personal items. All responsibility for personal items remains with the owner. This includes physical items and other items such as intellectual property.
- The advice, views and opinions of presenters are not those of Logan City Council. Any reliance you place on information supplied in business presentations and/or other information products is at your own risk.
- The coworking space is only for use by Library Business Members and their guests. Members must refer any enquiries from the general public to Library staff.
- Access to the coworking space is not exclusive. The space is not available for private bookings.
- Users are responsible for their own safety while in the coworking space. Users must follow any directions or instructions given by staff. This includes evacuation and safety instructions.
- For safety reasons, users must not conduct business transactions within the space.
- Logan City Council Libraries may restrict the use of the coworking space if Users do not follow the Conditions of Use.
You are not responsible for letting other people into Hive coworking spaces. Anyone wanting to access the Hives should have a swipe card, unless they are a guest of a registered Hive user. If they are not a guest and don't have a swipe card, they need to seek help from library staff.
The Hive coworking spaces are free to use. You will need to register as a Library Business member first to access the coworking spaces.
Please tell library staff if you change any of your contact details.
Contact the library as soon as possible so that we can deactivate the swipe card.
Hive coworking spaces are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. The Hive is closed on public holidays and weekends.
Bookings and Events
Unfortunately it is not possible to book the Hive. This is to ensure the Hive space is available to the most amount of people.
Yes, a Library Business member can host guests in the Hives or hold a meeting. However, please be aware that the Hives are for coworking and designed to be a shared workspace.
The Hive coworking spaces host regular business-focussed events. These events can support the development of business skills and are a great place to share ideas.
Find out about future events in Logan City Council Libraries' What's On booklet.
Prefer to keep in touch online? Members can also subscribe to our Business eNewsletter!
Coworking is a flexible work style which involves work in a shared office space. This work style allows for shared ideas and networking.
Coworking has great benefits over working from home. There are fewer distractions, plus you get to network and skill share with other members.
The Hives are collaborative working spaces. Therefore, there is a chance that you will not be the only person working in the Hive at any one time.
The Creative Lab is accessible through Hive West Library. You will need a swipe card dedicated to that space. Please see staff at Logan West Library so they can issue you with a special swipe card.
PCs are bookable online or contact us at Logan West. The bookings are for 2 hours which you may extended if other users have not booked the PCs. To extend your time please contact us at Logan West or visit Logan West Library.
Please note that once you end your session the computer will shut down and restart. The restart will wipe anything saved to the computer during your use.
You will be able to get help for basic technical issues. If you need help while using the Creative Lab, please ask our friendly staff at Logan West Library. Please contact us at Logan West or visit us in person.
The Creative Lab computers feature:
-Adobe Creative Cloud software ( Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premier Pro.)
The Creative Lab is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding public holidays.
No, these facilities are within the main library spaces at Logan Central and Logan West.
Please see Printing, Scanning and Copying for more details.
The Hive coworking spaces are flexible, multi-use spaces. Users should bring their own equipment, including laptops as required.
In addition, two PCs are available in the Creative Lab at Logan West.
Yes, you may bring food into Hive coworking spaces. However, you are responsible for ensuring the space is clean when you leave. Please also be respectful to others in the choice of food and drink that you consume in the space.
The Hive coworking spaces have been designed for business purposes. If you need a working space where you may bring your child, you are most welcome to use the main library space.
Yes! Hive users are encouraged to bring their own laptop and mobile devices. However, all personal equipment must be removed at the end of the day as there are no storage facilities.
Users should also be aware that the Hives are a public space and they are responsible for the security of their belongings. See Conditions of Use for more information.
Connecting to the Wi-Fi in the Hive coworking spaces is the same process as if you were in the main library space.
Make sure WiFi is enabled on your device. Select the library's network (named LCCLibrary). If you are not redirected to the library WiFi welcome page, open your web browser (e.g. Internet explorer, Chrome, Safari etc.). After agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, sign in with your library card number (do not input the 15/ if your barcode contains this) and your PIN number.
Please consult staff if you need further help.
Hive West and Hive Central have electronic whiteboards to use. You can use these to display presentations, or to work on projects and/or documents. Digital markers and multimedia kits are available from library staff.