A collection of adventures and activities designed to make Scratch programming easy to understand and fun to learn.
Rainforest Coding is a collection of adventures, activities and resources. These make Scratch programming easier to understand and great fun to learn. Explore two adventures, Return to Crystal Rainforest and Echo Island, as part of learning.
There are games to play, projects to remix and lots of sound, graphic and animation.
Return to Crystal Rainforest
The first adventure introduces Scratch programming from the very beginning. Scratch coding is presented in a logical and sequential manner. This allows children to gain confidence to use Scratch independently.
Echo Island is the second adventure that reinforces and extends Scratch programming techniques. Scratch coding structures include variables, sensing, if statements and & operators, cloning and broadcasts.
Linked Scratch Projects
The adventures are divided into several parts, ideal for lesson planning. At the end of each section is a collection of linked projects. Students can repeat and extend the challenges with real Scratch blocks.
- Introduces Scratch from the very beginning in a logical and sequential manner
- Advanced Scratch coding such as define blocks, conditional statements, cloning and variables
- Twenty two puzzles, games and challenges make learning Scratch great fun
- An exciting adventure story with lots of robots!
- Animated tutorials and instructions illustrate Scratch coding techniques
- New debugging challenges reinforce students Scratch coding understanding