Easily download a massive range of fantastic eBook, eAudio and eMagazine titles. Download the Libby app to read your favourite titles on the go.
OverDrive helps you borrow digital eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines quickly and easily. You can search for a title, immediately see if it's available, and then start reading with just a couple of clicks.
- Wish List -- When you're browsing and come across something you'd like to read later, add it to your wish list - just click on the link next to the title. Now you can browse when you have the time and get titles from your wish list when you're in a hurry!
- Rate the Title -- Did you really love that ebook? Rate it! Did you hate the reader on that audiobook? Rate it! There are rating stars next to each Overdrive title. Give your own thumbs up or thumbs down. Previous ratings always show, so you can see how others liked a title.
- Recommend Titles -- You can search 'Additional Titles' in our Overdrive catalogue for books that we don't currently own. You can then recommend that we buy and add it to the collection. You can also get automatically added to the hold list if we do get it!
- Try It Out -- You can always read, listen to, or watch samples for Overdrive titles. No more wondering if this title is right for you!
- Read Online -- Don't want to download? Read now in your browser and your place will be saved for next time.
- Share It -- Share your favorite titles with others via email, Facebook or Twitter. Links are located in the title's full record.
- Libby app -- Download from your device's app store. Includes ability to set the app to display languages:
- Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Japanese, Swedish.
- Downloading ebooks to a PC or Apple Mac computer:
- Adobe Digital Editions will be required. (For this you will need an Adobe ID.)
- On first launch of ADE click on Help > Authorize Computer. On the following screen choose Adobe ID from the dropdown menu and enter your Adobe ID and password.
- You will now be able to download titles you have checked out directly from the OverDrive site to your computer.
- Downloading eAudiobooks to a PC or Apple Mac computer:
- Portable smart devices:
- You are required to download OverDrive's Libby App to use with smart phones, tablets etc. Libby is the app recommended by OverDrive. You can use Libby to read and listen to ebooks and audiobooks and read magazines.
- The old OverDrive App is still supported and you may still use this if you prefer. (You will need your Adobe ID for the OverDrive app.)
- Checkouts -- Up to 15 items can be borrowed at any one time.
- Loan Periods -- eBooks have up to 21 days. eAudiobooks can be loaned up to 14 days. eMagazines can be loaned up to 21 days. You can select the loan period in your settings.
- Holds -- You can place up to 10 holds at one time. As holds become available you will receive a notification prompting you to either borrow the book, select “deliver later,” or cancel the hold. You have three days to check out your hold. You can cancel holds, and suspend them from 7 days to 90 days.
- Renewals -- Yes, if there are no holds on the item. Three days before the title will expire a renew link will appear on your Checkouts page.
- Returns -- Early returns with some exceptions:
- If your titles have been downloaded to ADE you will need to return them from there. Access the “Shelf” function in ADE where your loaded titles are listed. Once there, right click the relevant title and select “Return.”
- You cannot return an open PDF eBook before the end of the lending period.
- You cannot return any titles using OverDrives desktop app for Mac.
- Magazines --
- Can be loaned up to 21 days
- Do not count towards your checkout limit. Unlimited magazine checkouts.
Download our OverDrive Tipsheet.
On a PC or Apple Mac Computer:
- Connect with OverDrive.
- Enter your Library Card and PIN numbers when prompted.
- Click 'Sign In.' Your login credentials are simply your library card and PIN numbers.
- Browse the site, or search for titles by clicking on the magnifying glass symbol at the top of the page.
- Checkout your chosen title. Click on Borrow if the title is available. If it is not, click on Place a Hold and you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Navigate to Loans under My Account. From here you can choose Read Now to read eBooks directly from your internet browser, or click on Download to download to your computer.
- To download to your computer you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions set up on your machine (see Apps & Downloads above). Once downloaded find the file on your computer and double click to open directly in ADE. Start reading.
- To read eMagazines, you may borrow the most recent issue or click Select Another Issue to choose back issues from the last three years. Click on Read Now in Browser to open a special browser viewer for your magazine.
On a Mobile Device:
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and find Logan City Council library. You can search by library name, city, or postcode.
- Browse the collection under the Library tab and borrow a title.
- When prompted, sign in. You’ll need a library card to complete this step.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read or listen to them when you’re offline.
- From your Shelf you can tap Open in Libby to open a title and start reading or listening.
- Check out Libby Help for more information.
For more detailed instructions access the OverDrive Help site.