Your new music library! Listen to millions of songs and music videos from thousands of top artists. Available for download or streaming to library members – entirely free.
Freegal is a digital music service that allows you to listen to a huge collection of music from thousands of artists and labels across every genre. You can stream or download songs at no charge straight from your computer or download the Freegal app.
Streaming – there is no limit to how long you are able to stream Freegal music - access 24 hrs a day! You simply need to search for the music you want to hear and click play.
Downloading – you are also able to download songs and music videos from Freegal Music. DRM-free mp3 files are saved onto your computer permanently and can be transferred to your smartphone and other devices. You are able to download 5 songs per week, with songs counting as one download and music videos counting as two. The allotment resets every Monday at 2.01 p.m. QLD time and what you do not use, you lose.
- Unlimited access to Freegal streaming, access 24 hours a day.
- Weekly download limit of five (5) tracks (or video which count for two of the weekly downloads).
- Downloads are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM) and will work with any MP3 player and can be loaded into iTunes.
- Works on both PCs and Macs, OR
- Download the Freegal App for Android or iPhone
Download our printable Freegal Tipsheet.
- Connect with Freegal and enter your library card and PIN number when prompted.
- Click Login and enter your library card and PIN number a second time.
- Use the search bar to search the collection by artist, album, song or genre.
- Or explore playlists and discover new artists and albums from the front page.
- From the track list you can create your own playlists or add songs and albums to your favourites.
- Click on Play to stream a song or the download symbol (down arrow) from the track list to save it to your computer.
- Your remaining download allowances are at the top of the page, while the music player is at the bottom.
Using the App:
- Download the Freegal app from your device's app store.
- When prompted, enter in 'Logan' or your postcode.
- Select 'Logan City Council Libraries.'
- Enter your library card number and your PIN/password.
- Your playlists, Favourites and downloads are in the My Music tab or use the search tab to find something specific.
- Tap on the three dots in the track list (...) to add to playlists, Favourites, share, download and more.
- Settings and site navigation are in the hamburger (three horizontal lines in the corner of your screen).
Search the Freegal FAQ for further information.
Watch the Freegal How To Videos to get you started.