Logan City Council Libraries offers help with general literacy including reading, writing and basic numeracy.
Adult literacy sessions are conducted on a one-to-one basis and are available to both native English speakers and individuals from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Our trained volunteer literacy tutors plan and prepare sessions to cater to each individual client’s needs. The sessions may, for example, aim to assist clients to:
- communicate both orally and in writing with greater fluency and accuracy
- develop strategies to improve reading and listening comprehension
- improve numeracy skills for work or everyday life
- learn interview skills and/or skills to retain a job
- read web pages to access work
- read to their children
- gain a driver’s licence
- prepare for the Australian citizenship test
Contact your local library or the Outreach Librarian on 3412 4459 for more information about adult literacy tutoring.
No. The computers are free to use, though printing does attract a charge.
You can see a list of titles you have asked the library purchase. Have your library card handy to log into your My Account area.