A resource for kids, teens and adults containing over 150,000 articles across a range of topics.
Britannica Library provides you with access to three sites in one. The Complete Encyclopaedia (Adults), the Student Encyclopaedia (Teens) and the Junior Encyclopaedia (Kids).
There are more than 150,000 articles, and links to over 20,000 Internet sites reviewed by Britannica editors. Over 750 full text journals and magazines are included. Additionally, Britannica Library includes Miriam-Webster Dictionary and a World Atlas.
BRITANNICA LIBRARY SUBJECTS
- Current Affairs
- Information Technology
- Information in the print version is available online. It is enhanced with practical help and extra information, including photos, videos, and sound recordings.
- Easy to select reading levels and media types (images, videos, dictionary, websites, ebooks) for each topic.
- Britannica Library has a wealth of extra information to take your research beyond the basic encyclopedia. Access this via “Content Related to this Topic”.
- Ability to double-click any word in the article, which will bring up a box with a definition and an audio pronunciation of the word.
- Connect with Britannica Library and enter your library card and PIN numbers when prompted.
- From the landing page, select either Kids, Teens or Adults subsection.
- Also you can enter a keyword term into either of the search fields of Kids, Teens or Adults.
View this short video How-to: navigating articles, images and video to get you started.