Ancestry Library is accessible free of charge in any Logan City Council Library. It includes US and UK Census collections. Much more is also available such as birth, marriage and death databases, and immigration records.
* In-library use only
PLEASE NOTE: Ancestry at home access ended on 31st December 2021. You can still access Ancestry from any of our 9 library branches after that date.
Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian. Explore more than 7,000 available databases.
Ancestry delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. The collection covers North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and many more countries.
Popular databases available on Ancestry Library Edition include:
- Australian electoral rolls 1856-1980
- WA passenger lists, 1852-1930
- New South Wales census, 1828 and 1841
- New South Wales passenger lists, 1826-1922
- Australian convict index, 1788-1868
- UK census, 1841-1911
- UK birth, marriage & death indexes, 1837-2005
- UK National Probate Calendar, 1861-1941
- British Army WW1 pension records
- British phone books, 1880-1984
- UK outgoing passenger lists, 1890-1960
- UK incoming passenger lists, 1878-1960
- London parish records
- New Zealand electoral rolls, 1853-1981
- US census, 1790-1040
- Canada census, 1851-1911
- Basic and advanced search functionalities
- Message Boards to connect with others across the globe in search of family
- Learning Center that will help you jumpstart your research, access to research aids, tips and tricks from Ancestry experts
- Charts & Census Forms
Access the Ancestry Tipsheet.
Connect directly with Ancestry Library Edition or view the below instructional videos to get started.
1. Ancestry Library Edition: Home Page. The home page of Ancestry Library Edition offers basic search options and links to key collections.
2. Ancestry Library Edition: Card Catalogue.
The card catalogue lets you browse and search collections in Ancestry Library Edition.
3. Ancestry Library Edition: Advanced Search. Ancestry Library Edition advanced search offers extra search limits and fields.
4. Ancestry Library Edition: Interactive Viewer. The Interactive Viewer offers advanced tools to enhance your use of images found in Ancestry Library Edition.
5. Ancestry Library Edition: Image Viewer. Advanced and standard image viewers offer tools for viewing images in Ancestry Library Edition.