Story Box Library
Features engaging online Australian stories for primary school age children, read by some of Australia's finest storytellers. Cheeky, charming and a whole lot of fun!
Story Box Library is an online ‘reading room’. It’s a place where the wonderful world of Australian Children’s Literature is on permanent exhibit.
The main intention of Story Box Library is to deliver the precious experience that sharing a book entails.
Story Box Library connect children with literature through the complementary medium of film. They provide a vibrant, interactive experience via a diverse range of everyday Australian storytellers - sportspeople, musicians, grandparents, teenagers, comedians, actors, with varying accents and from different cultures - each sharing past and present book titles. The result is meaningful, entertaining readings that focus on both teller and tale.
Use it as a bedtime tale, a facilitator for discussion in the classroom, or a read aloud model - the choice is yours.
- Story Box Library focuses solely on Australian stories and Australian voices.
- Consists of over 100 stories.
- Each story comes with tailored Classroom Notes that are specifically created for the Australian curriculum.
- Story Box Library storytellers are chosen to ensure a broad range of voices, ages, gender and backgrounds to ensure diversity.
- New stories are continously added, currently once per week during term time.
- Stories have been selected with children of primary school age (5-12yrs) in mind and are broken down into the following categories:
- Pre-school (3 - 5yrs)
- Lower Primary (5 - 7yrs)
- Middle Primary (8 - 10yrs)
- Upper Primary (10 - 12yrs)
- Connect with Story Box Library and enter your library card and PIN number when prompted.
- Once at the landing page, enter your library card barcode and click login.
- From the top navigation of the Story Box Library's front page, you are able to browse or search through the available stories.
- When browsing the stories, you are able to filter by age group, theme, author/illustrator and/or storyteller.
Checkout the Story Box Library Song!
If you are experiencing any problem or wish to view the FAQs, access Story Box Library's Help section.