Find My Past
A family history and genealogy website offering access to a collection of over 2 billion historical records covering the United States, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Pacific Islands and other parts of the globe. Also includes social, government & general history resources and as well comprehensive British family history records.
Find My Past is only available from the library branches.
FindMyPast traces people's ancestry to uncover relatives at the most famous events in British history, from the Battle of the Somme to Scott's expedition to the Antarctic. It is an invaluable resource for both family history beginners and genealogy experts alike. With an online collection of over 750 million records dating as far back as 875AD, FindMyPast will provide you with all the tools you’ll need on your journey of discovery.
Search over 50 million records for Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands – millions of records that you won’t find available elsewhere online, including:
- Over 700,000 cemetery records from across Australia
- A vast collection of Australian and New Zealand electoral roll records
- Over 15 million government records including government gazettes, police gazettes and blue books
- Millions of religious records
- Over 10 million directories and almanacs to aid your search
- A large collection of Military records that cover the Boer war, WWI & WWII, Maori campaigns and more
- Rare and unrivalled specialist records – perfect for adding fine detail to your ancestors' lives
- The most complete census collection for England and Wales available online, with complete 1841 – 1901 census coverage plus the recently released 1911 census in association with The National Archives.
- Complete birth, marriage and death indexes for England and Wales covering 1837 – 2005/6, plus birth, marriage and death indexes for the armed forces and for British nationals overseas or at sea.
- A large online collection of parish baptisms, marriages and burials dating back to 1538, exclusively in partnership with the Federation of Family History Societies.
- An extensive military record collection, covering the First and Second World Wars plus the Napoleonic, Crimean and Boer Wars.
- Outbound long-distance passenger lists of ships departing from all UK ports between 1890 and 1960, in association with The National Archives.