How to complete a COVID Safe Event Checklist
Logan City Council Libraries is committed to working alongside the community to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To provide the community with access to library meeting rooms, Logan Libraries must ensure meeting room users comply with all government COVID restrictions and health directions in place.
To ensure compliance, groups using a Logan Library Meeting room are required to complete a Queensland Government COVID Safe Event Checklist. The purpose of the COVID Safe Event Checklist is to assist you to work through the steps needed to host a COVID-safe activity in the Library.
How to complete a COVID Safe Event Checklist
- Go to https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/132701/covid-safe-event-checklist.pdf and print a copy of the COVID Safe Event Checklist,
- Complete all the event information on page one.
- Work through each section of the checklist and only tick the actions that you need to do to make your event COVID-safe.
Please Note :
- You are not expected to undertake all the actions on the checklist. The checklist is designed to be used for a range of events and not all of the actions will be relevant to your event.
- Logan Libraries have a number of COVID-safe measures in place including contact tracing,capacity limits and methods to encourage physical distancing and hand hygiene. When completing your checklist, you are not required to undertake any measures already undertaken by Logan Libraries as part of their normal service delivery.
For example, you will not need to conduct contact tracing if all participants at your activity contact trace through library staff at entry
- When finished, sign and date the COVID Safe Event Checklist.
- Go to https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0025/134953/statement-of-compliance.pdf?nocache-v2 of the COVID Statement of Compliance.
- Sign and date the COVID Statement of Compliance.
- On arrival at the library, provide library staff with a copy of your completed COVID Safe Event Checklist and Statement of Compliance.
Helping to keep us all COVID-safe
The purpose of the COVID Safe Event Checklist is to help you plan and deliver a COVID-safe activity. Each section is designed to assist you to plan what you need to do before, during and after the activity. The checklist allows you to keep a record of all the measures you have done to provide a COVID-safe activity.
When filling out the COVID Safe Event Checklist Remember the key COVID-safe principles of:
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres should be observed by all participants.
- Wearing a mask if physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Separate tables and chairs can be used to encourage physical distancing.
- If suitable, set up separate exit and entry points.
- If suitable, place floor markings, wall markings or signs to identify a 1.5 metre distance.
- Ensure the number of people at your event does not exceed the capacity limits set by the library
- Ensure all event attendees have provided library staff with their contact information when arriving at the library.
Food and Beverages
- During COVID restrictions there is no access to tea/ coffee making facilities in library meeting rooms.
- Users may bring in bottled water and/or takeaway tea/ coffee.
- The serving of food is also discouraged during meeting room bookings.
- If food must be provided, meeting room users are required to comply with all relevant food handling regulations and COVID-safety measures.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- Ask participants to use the hand sanitiser available or to wash their hands with soap and water
- Remember to clean commonly touched surfaces (tables, chairs, door handles, light switches etc.) and equipment.
- Rubbish should be removed at the end of the event.
- All participants must be asked if they are unwell, displaying COVID-19 symptoms, have COVID-19, are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test or have visited a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days.
Library staff are here to help
If you need assistance completing your COVID Safe Event Checklist please contact the library hosting your event. Staff will be able to assist you and provide information about the safety measures already in place to provide a COVID-safe environment. Library staff are also able to advise on the impact of any government-mandated health directions on your meeting room booking.
The COVID Safety Checklist and Statement of Compliance need to be returned or supplied before commencement of the booking .
Patrons can download these PDF document files from links within
o Confirmation Booking Email,
o The How to complete a COVID Safe Event Checklist section above or
o The Online Booking Form
Alternatively they can be manually filled out from printed copies in the library or emailed back by replying to the confirmation email and attaching the scanned files.
These documents can be handed in on the day or filled in at the time of the booking