Download eAudiobooks to play on your phone, tablet, or computer from home or anywhere in the world. Most titles have no limit to the number of borrowers who can download audiobooks at the same time which means no holds and no waiting!
RBdigital offers a collection of eAudiobooks for loan, featuring the best titles in a wide variety of genres.
With your Library card, countless titles are available for FREE to download to your device for your listening pleasure. Download eAudiobooks directly to your preferred smart device such as iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire using the RBdigital App. Resources can also be downloaded onto a personal computer in order to transfer titles to a range of portable devices.
Patrons must register and create an account before checking out and downloading titles.
- Most titles are always available - there are no waiting lists.
- Most titles have no limit to the number of borrowers who can check out a title at one time, so get together and read the same title as your friends, or use RBdigital for your next bookclub pick!
- Add titles to your Wishlist and check out later.
- Easy to use app - checked out titles sync automatically to your device.
- Combined RBdigital Audiobook and Magazine app means you can download both audiobooks and magazines from the same app.
- iPod Touch
- Android smart phones and tablets
- Kindle Fire
- PC's and Apple Mac
- Any other portable device, such as e-readers, provided the title is downloaded to a PC first then transferred
PC's and Apple Mac computers: You will need to download RBdigital Media Manager.
- Download Media Manager for either Windows or Mac from the RBdigital platform. Navigate to the Help menu, then click on Support, you will find the link to download the app there.
- OS requirements for the MAC are OS 10.7 or higher. OS requirements for Windows is Vista or higher.
Portable smart devices: Checkout and Download titles directly using the RBdigital App.
- Google Play for Android.
- Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire. See RBdigital help menu > Support for detailed instructions.
- Apple devices require iOS 5.0 or later. Android devices require OS 2.3.3 and later.
- You can also checkout RBdigital Magazines (previously Zinio Magazines) straight from the same app using your RBdigital login.
Transferring Titles to other portable devices:
- Once your checked out title is displayed in the RBdigital Media Manager, you can click on the “Download and Transfer” button to download the title to your computer and then onto your device.
- Once your title has been downloaded onto your computer, you can transfer to a supported device by clicking on the “Transfer” button.
- You will receive a message when the transfer is complete.
- Loan Period -- 21 days. You may have up to 20 loans at once.
- Renewals -- You may renew up to 3 times.
- Click on Browse, then My Titles. Click on the date shown under the name of the title you wish to Renew
- To renew in RBdigital Media Manager, login to the Media Manger and click “Renew” button beneath the title information.
- Returns -- If you would like to return your eAudio titles early, go to the “My Titles” page and click the “X” in the upper right corner of the titles card. In RBdigital Media Manager click the “Return” button under the title information.
- Wishlist -- The wishlist is a tool that allows you to keep track of titles that you may wish to listen to or reference at a later date. To add titles to the Wishlist click the “Add to Wishlist” button on the title details page.
- Recommendations -- To recommend a title we do not currently own, go to My Account, My Recommendations, then click on Recommend a Title.
**Download our handy RBdigital eAudiobooks Tipsheet to get you started**
- NOTE: If you used OneClickdigital or Zinio in the past, you already have an RBdigital account.
- Follow the RBdigital link.
- Create an Account. Click on Register and fill in the verification information as requested. Note when entering your library barcode please leave out the 15/. You will need to create a username and password (usernames and passwords must be at least 4 characters long, and only alpha, numeric and the following special characters are allowed: - (dash) _ (underscore) @ .(fullstop) , (comma)).
- Sign in to your account, and start checking out titles!
- Your checked out items can be found in the menu under Checked Out. You can download or stream your audiobooks from here.
Using the RBdigital App:
- Download the RBdigital app from the Apple App Store or Google Play (for Android) to your portable smart device.
- The app combines two Virtual Library collections –
- RBdigital eAudiobooks (formerly OneClickdigital)
- RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio)
- Get set up:
- You will need to register first if you have not already: Tap Register now. Choose Australia, then choose Logan City Council, then tap Create an Account to enter your library card number (please leave out the 15/) and create a username and password. You will now be automatically logged in.
- If you already have an account: Open the app and select Australia. Enter your RBdigital username then your password. The app will connect to your account.
- Browse and checkout titles:
- To browse all titles, tap the menu symbol in the left hand corner and tap Audiobooks.
- To search or browse by keyword, genre, audience and more, tap the magnifying glass symbol and choose a format.
- Tap a title of interest to learn more.
- Tap Check Out to borrow a title or Hold to place a hold.
- Play titles:
- To open a borrowed title, tap the menu symbol in the top left and tap Checked Out.
- Tap Play below a title's cover, or tap the item's cover and then tap Play.
- Tip: The first time you tap Play the title will automatically download. You can ensure that titles will download only on Wi-Fi (as opposed to your data plan) by going to Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi Only and selecting On.
Using RBdigital Media Manager:
- Install the RBdigital Media Manager. You will find the downloads (for both Mac and Windows) under Help > Support on the RBdigital site.
- Once you have installed Media Manager, double-click the icon on your desktop. Log in to the Media Manager using your RBdigital username and password.
- On the RBdigital site under Checked Out, click on a title to download. Click on Download and save the file when prompted. Navigate to where the file is saved to (check your Downloads folder), and double click to open in Media Manager.