A database that helps kids and teens find books that are just right for their reading level and interests. Parents, teachers, and librarians can also find tools to engage young readers.
Novelist K8 Plus ensures that regardless of reading level or interest children and teens can find their next inspiring read. Create your own reading lists for future reference using your email and a password.
- Find Just Right Books for Younger Readers
Have kids who love action/adventure? Kids who want to read books just like their favorite, Harry Potter? Students who have to find nonfiction books at their reading level? NoveList K8 Plus makes it easy to find just right books that match each reader's interests and reading level.
- Reading Lists
NoveList K8's reading lists make it really easy to find a list of great books to read. Top ten, best of, favorites, award winners, and more.
- A Single Place for Reviews
NoveList includes reviews from professionals as well as readers.
- Recommended Reads: reading lists created for teens and kids covering both fiction and nonfiction genres and topics
- Suggested reading lists from similar authors (read-alikes)
- Lists of award-winning books
- Genre or theme searches
- Age limiting tools to ensure appropriate results
- Book covers and summaries. First chapter excerpts and popularity ratings may also be available
- Connect with NoveList K8 and enter your library card and PIN number when prompted.
- From the NoveList K8 homepage you can:
- perform searches,
- find reading recommendations for current bestselling and popular titles, and
- browse books by genre and appeal terms.
Using the Basic Search
The Basic Search box is available from the top of every NoveList K-8 screen.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu to perform a specific search:
- Keyword - Keyword is selected by default. This option will search most of the fields across all types of records.
- Title - The Title option will search all book records. A title search with an exact match will pull up the specific Book Detail page. If you have several matches, you will pull up a Result List of books.
- Author - The Author option will search all author records. An author search with an exact match will pull up the specific Author Detail page. If you have several matches, you will pull up a Result List of authors.
- Series - The Series option will search all series records. A series search with an exact match will pull up the specific Series Detail page. If you have several matches, you will pull up a Result List of series.
- Enter your search terms in the search box. Boolean operators (AND,OR,NOT) and field codes can also be used with the Basic Search. When you type in the Basic search box, the Autocomplete menu will pop up below the search box with suggested search terms.
- Click the Search button. A Result List will display. The search terms are retained in the Find field above the Result List, so that your search can be refined.
- Limiters are not available at the Basic Search box. Your results can be limited at your Result List.
- If you click the NoveList K-8 logo or the "Home" link in the top left corner of the screen, you are returned to the Homepage.
- If you click the Advanced Search link, you are taken to the Advanced Search screen with your search terms carried forward.
For more detailed assistance in using NoveList K8, please visit the Help section of this resource.