The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is now available for free at Logan City Council Libraries. Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming great films instantly.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema as well as many more popular titles and fan favourites. Kanopy is free for users with a library card; all users need to do to get started streaming films is to click on the Kanopy link above!
Access the Kanopy tipsheet here
Follow the Kanopy link. You will be prompted to fill in your library card details.
Create an Account.
- Click on SIGN UP and enter your details.
- You will be sent an email so you can verify your email. Please open it and click the "Verify My Email" button. Fill in your library card details if prompted to do so.
- You will now see that your name is in the top right hand corner and your play credit limit (10 per month) will appear beside your name.
- Play credits are used to play films on Kanopy. Each film will use 1 play credit regardless of length. Users are provided with 10 play credits in their account each month which will reset at midnight (Pacific Time) on the first day of each calendar month.
- Unused play credits will not roll over into the next month.
Using a play credit
- To use a play credit, you must press play on a film and have the film play for at least 5 seconds.
- Once a play credit is logged, you will have a full 3 days (72 hours) to watch the film as many times as you would like without using another play credit, even if a new month starts and your credits reset.
- Your Viewing History in your User Dashboard will show any films that are still available to view in your 3 day window.