The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is now available for free at Logan City Council Libraries. Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films instantly. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV or Chromecast.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Umbrella Entertainment, Madman Entertainment, Under the Milky Way, SND Films and thousands of independent filmmakers. Kanopy is free for users with a library card; all users need to do to get started streaming films is to visit https://logan.kanopy.com
Follow the Kanopy link. You will be prompted to fill in your library card details.
Create an Account.
Click on SIGN UP and enter your details
- You will now see that your name is in the top right hand corner and your play credit limit (10 per month) will appear beside your name.
- Play credits are used to play films on Kanopy. Each film will use 1 play credit regardless of length. Users are provided with 10 play credits in their account each month which will reset at midnight (Pacific Time) on the first day of each calendar month.
- Unused play credits will not roll over into the next month.
Using a play credit
- To use a play credit, you must press play on a film and have the film play for at least 5 seconds.
- Once a play credit is logged, you will have a full 3 days (72 hours) to watch the film as many times as you would like without using another play credit, even if a new month starts and your credits reset.
- Your Viewing History in your User Dashboard will show any films that are still available to view in your 3 day window: