Issues In English 2
Helps adults and those learning English as a second language improve literacy skills. Skills include reading, writing, vocabulary, spelling, dictation, grammar, pronunciation, listening and giving your opinion.
NOTE: You will need to install Adobe Flash Player in order to use this resource.
Issues in English 2 is an integrated skills program based around eight topical issues of high interest to teen and adult learners (fame, sport, media, technology, wilderness, education, languages and immigration).
Through a huge range of activities, participants will learn a comprehensive set of skills, including Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Spelling, Grammar, Pronunciation and Giving Opinions – all of which will help them communicate effectively in the real world!
- Uses 32 video clips of conversations presenting an opinion or information.
- Based around eight new issues of high interest to adults (Sports, Wilderness, Fame, Media, Technology, Languages, Immigration, Education).
- Covers four language levels from Beginner to Advanced.
- All language learning activities are based around the content of the video clip.
- Learners can record own voice.
- Exercises can be printed out as worksheets. Also print test results and answer sheets for teachers.
- Tracking Module to record and report on learners activities and progress
- Connect with IssuesInEnglish 2 and enter your library card and PIN numbers when prompted.
- Select a level from 1 to 4. Level 1 is the easiest and level 4 is the hardest.
- Select an issue or topic to begin. Issues include the following categories:
- Watch the video presented and work through the activities and questions using the bar on the right hand side of the screen.
- Note: you can toggle the video transcript on and off by clicking the 'see text' button at the bottom of the screen.