Meeting Room Use Agreement
1. Library meeting rooms are to be used free of charge for the following purposes:
(i) Library activities
(ii) Activities organised by community groups on a not for profit basis
(iii) Community benefit training activities on a cost-recovery basis. (eg. Red Cross training where the participants are charged)
2. Meeting rooms are located at Beenleigh, Logan Central, Logan Hyperdome, Logan North, Logan West and Marsden libraries.
3. When meeting rooms are not required for library purposes, they are available to non-profit community and cultural organisations relevant to Logan City who do not have access to other meeting room facilities.
(i) Priority will always be given to library activities, but when not in use, the meeting room may be booked.
4. The meeting rooms are available free of charge. No charges for attendance at meetings held in the rooms are to be levied by the user.
5. Organisations who do not meet the above criteria are to be referred to the Bookings Officer in Community Services on 3412 5410, or email@example.com. Council facilities are available for hire.
6. Regular and ongoing bookings may be made by organisations for the following year at a time.
(i) Cancellations should be made at least 48 hours prior to the established booking time by telephone or in person.
7. If the library requires the meeting room, any such prior bookings will be cancelled. The Library will give at least 48 hours advance notice of the cancellation when possible.
8. Access is restricted to library opening hours only. The meeting room must be vacated 15 minutes prior to library closing time.
9. On-site parking may not be available during peak periods.
10. Bookings are to be made through library staff and will be recorded in a booking diary or online.
11. Whenever practicable, all meeting room users will be members of Logan City Council Libraries.
12. The Meeting Room Booking form is to be completed and signed by the user. The Librarian will keep the original and a copy will be given to the user. A copy of this meeting room policy will be provided to the user. No bookings will be confirmed until compliance with this policy is acknowledged.
13. Facilities may vary between venues.
14. The meeting room is to be left in a clean and tidy state at the end of each booking. Furniture and equipment are to be put back in their original positions. All sinks, bench tops and cups and saucers are to be washed and dried. Rubbish is to be deposited in the bins provided.
15. Library staff will carry out an inspection of the meeting room before and after use.
16. No responsibility is accepted by the Library for any loss or damage of items left by the user.
17. Council libraries are smoke free environments. The use of matches, burners, candles or any naked flame is prohibited. Logan City Council does not encourage the use of alcohol in the meeting rooms. Logan City Council will not be held responsible for any misuse of alcohol by any user or user’s guest. Logan City Council reserves the right to refuse entry or request a person to leave the premises at any time.
18. The user is to exercise all reasonable care when using the meeting room and items facilities. No items are to be attached or affixed in any manner to the walls, doors, ceiling, equipment or furniture.
19. The user is to accept full responsibility for any damage to the meeting room, its fittings, furniture and/or equipment during each booking, whether or not the damage is caused by the user, the user’s invitees, and regardless of whether the damage is sustained without the user’s knowledge.
20. The user accepts all liability for all loss or damage or claim occasioned to any part of the premises or the property of the user or any person and all claims, damages or loss made against or sustained by him arising out of bodily injury to and person in or about the premises by reason of any breach by the user of any of the provisions hereof or by reason of any act of negligence of the user or the user or the negligent user or misuse of the premises or the water supplied to the property or the fittings therein by the user or by any guest or invitee or the user.
21. All users are not to void insurance – not to create nor suffer to be done anything that might render void or voidable or otherwise prejudice any insurance on the property or any part thereof or whereby any premiums in respect thereof might be increased.
22. There is to be no sale without permission. The user is not to hold or permit to be held any sale or auction in the meeting room.
23. The user is to ensure there is no excessive noise coming from the meeting room, nor any disturbance caused to library patrons.
24. All users of the meeting room will comply with and directions or requests made by library staff.
25. In the case of an emergency in the Library, all members of the public come under the control of the Fire Warden and must comply with any given direction.
26. The Libraries and Cultural Services manager or delegate has the right to discontinue an agreement at any time, giving notice in writing to the user.
27. Bookings for meeting rooms made through Room reserve require written acceptance of the meeting room conditions of use. An electronic copy of these conditions are sent to the organisation. The reply is automatically sent to the library branch email.