Join in the fun of the Summer Reading Club and discover great new books and authors. There are lots of activities and prizes for children up to 16 as you track your reading at your local library and online.
The Summer Reading Club consists of two elements:
• A library-based program of fun activities in your local library and activity booklets for children aged birth to 16 years.
• an interactive website that provides fun and engaging online activities such as online chats, book raves, stories to complete, competitions, games, recommended reading lists and websites for children and their families.
Summer Reading Club Website activities
The website activities are grouped into four levels to appeal to a diverse range of readers. The levels are aimed at, but not limited to:
• Level 1 (0-4 years)
• Level 2 (5-7 years)
• Level 3 (8-11 years)
• Level 4 (12+ years)
Each level has a number of interactive activities including an e-gallery, book lists and book raves.
The program is strongly supported by:
• Queensland Public Libraries and Indigenous Knowledge Centres
• YPLG (Young Peoples Librarian Group)
• Education sector
• Children and families
• Children’s authors and illustrators
No comments yet