An interactive magazine aimed at Young Adults from the ages of 12 -18 years to help them express themselves creatively through their writing. SpineOut is written by them and for them.
SpineOut is aimed at Young Adults from the ages of 12 - 18 years, to help them express themselves creatively through their writing. SpineOut is written by them and for them
Writing can take many forms and throughout SpineOut, they capture that, whether its a Young Adult who wants to review a book, write a story, express themselves through their lyrics or thorugh artwork, videos or poems, SpineOut is the place they can submit these works for publication.
SpineOut has seven pages, each specifically themed and aimed at different areas within the school curriculum This enables teachers within classrooms to use SpineOut as a tool for their students.
- It's a place designed for students to write in a variety of creative forms.
- SpineOut encourages students to express themselves.
- It provides teachers with a tool to use SpineOut creatively within different classroom lessons.
- Provides students with the opportunity to be published.
- SpineOut respects the privacy of student contributers by only publishing their first name, year and school.
- From the SpineOut website (www.spineout.com.au) students can submit their work, enter great competitions, vote on relevant polls, view favourite books, read fun and interesting news, link back to Good Reading website, view featured videos and access SpineOutZine.
There are several ways to browse through SpineOut Online:
- Page by page: click on the arrows at the side of the page.
- By keyword: use the search box in the tool bar on the right hand side of the screen.
- By contents: use the contents on the right tool bar to jump to a page.
- Many of the pages of the magazine have videos added to them. Clicking on the 'Play' button in the centre of the video will start the video playing on the page.
- You can also browse previous issues by clicking on the Issues button on the right toolbar.