Challenging and fun learning games and videos for children, 5 to 12 years old. Games are designed to help improve skills in English, Math, Science, History and plenty more besides.
The GridClub's goal is to inspire children to learn. They combine education and entertainment while providing a multi-subject learning adventure for 5 - 12 year olds. There are over 500 games, activities and videos. GridClub has won many awards, including a BAFTA, confirming their educational quality.
GridClub contains resources that cover English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, Design & Technology, Art & Design, Music, Personal & Social Education, Physical Education, ICT (Information & Communication Technology), Citizenship and Languages (French, Spanish & EAL).
- Tell Tales (English)
- Feel the Force (Science)
- Track Back (History)
- Makt it up (Design)
- Game on (ICT)
- Fit for it (Health)
- Shape up (Math)
- Home & Away (Geography)
- Top Draw (Art)
- The Groover (Music)
- Twin Speaks (Languages)
- Bitz (Extras)
- Literacy – with fiction and non fiction texts; word and sentence level activities
- Numeracy – mental maths, number, fractions, shape, space, measure and handling data
- ICT – use of the computer, creating and sharing information, and databases
- Creativity – making stories, music, art, designing and experimenting
- Environmental education – at local, national and international levels
- Citizenship – respect and tolerance, health and lifestyle issues
- Humanities – history and geography
- Science & Technology – science curriculum, design & technology
- Second language skills – French, Spanish, English (EAL)
Some of GridClub's games include:
- In Comma Castle asking the English questions right gets you closer to retrieving the diamond, but answer too many wrong and you might find yourself face to face with a fire breathing dragon.
- Art Factory gives you the chance to create paintings either in your own style or that of famous artists (from LS Lowry to Jackson Pollock, and Pablo Picasso to Andy Warhol).
- In Radius of the Lost Arc users can expect to be snapped up by crocodiles and deluged by red-hot lava if they get their mathematical measurements wrong.
- Working On A Market Stall is a simple test of mental arithmetic aimed at children.
Connect directly with GridClub using your Library Barcode and PIN Number, or checkout the video below, Games for Learning, to get your interest started!
GridClub's user guide is available here. It outlines how to login, navigate around the site, how to contact GridClub, a teachers zone and parental information.