Gale Primary Sources
Explore over 400 years of newspaper content using a single interface. Includes British Newspaper collections from the 17th, 18th, and 19th Century's, The Daily Mail archive, The Independent archive, The Times (London) archive and much more. Genealogy researchers will love this resource.
Gale Primary Sources delivers the definitive cross-searching experience for exploring our range of historical newspaper and periodical collections. Simultaneously search or browse across multiple newspaper collections. Providing access to millions of digitised facsimile pages, Gale Primary Sources provides an unparalleled window to the past.
Collections offered by Logan Libraries:
- 17th-18th Century Burney Newspaper Collection
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- The Daily Mail Historical Archive: 1986-2012
- The Independent Digital Archive: 1986-2012
- The Sunday Times Digital Archive
- The Times Digital Archive
- The Listener 1929-1991
- Picture Post 1938-1957
- Illustrated London News 1842-2003
- 19th Century US Newspapers
- 19th Century UK Periodicals, parts 1 & 2
- The Economist Historical Archive 1843-2008
- The Financial Times Historical Archive 1888-2007
- Liberty Magazine 1924-1950
- Times Literary Supplement 1902-2007
- Punch Historical Archive 1841-1992
A complete publications list is available inside Primary Sources.
- Browse newspapers by title, date and by place of publication.
- Full text searching with highlighted search terms.
- Read newspapers as they were published, from quality scans in an image viewer with magnification and highlighting.
- Easily access other newspapers for the same day.