EBSCO has thousands of high quality eBook titles on a wide range of subjects that are always available. Here you will find fiction titles, as well as biography, psychology, health, business, self-help and more. This collection is also perfect for students.
EBSCO offers hundreds of thousands of high-quality e-book titles from leading publishers, ensuring that you’ll find valuable, trusted content with every search. Check out EBSCO's best-selling, frontlist and award-winning e-book titles across a wide range of subject matter—including academic titles, popular fiction, medical collections and more.
- No holds or waiting - all titles are available all the time.
- A user-friendly search experience.
- Simple download process makes obtaining titles easy from any computer, and titles are compatible with most portable devices.
eBooks can be viewed directly in a web browser, or downloaded to a computer or hand held device, including:
- Windows PC's and Apple Mac computers
- Android smart phones and tablets
- Sony eReader Touch, and all ebook readers supporting Adobe eBook DRM
Formats include PDF and EPUB.
- If downloading eBooks to a PC or Apple Mac computer, Adobe Digital Editions will be required. For this you will need an Adobe ID. This will also allow you to transfer downloaded titles to ebook readers.
- On first launch of ADE click on Help > Authorize Computer. On the following screen choose Adobe ID from the dropdown menu and enter your Adobe ID and password.
- If using a mobile device you are required to download the Ebsco eBook App. The app allows you to discover eBooks, download them, and begin reading immediately. You will still be required to have an Adobe ID to authenticate the app before downloading titles.
- Loans -- up to 21 days
- Renewals -- No
- Returns -- You can return a title before the end of the loan period
- Requests -- EBSCO eBooks have unlimited concurrent users so no holds are necessary
Our EBSCO eBook Tipsheet is also available for download here.
- Connect with EBSCO eBooks
- Enter your Library card and pin numbers.
- When you first use EBSCO eBooks you will need to create an account in order to checkout items.
- Choose 'Sign In' then click on 'Create a new Account.'
- Fill in your name and email details, and create a username and password.
- Click on 'Save Changes.'
- Remember your account details for future reference.
- Next time you use EBSCO eBooks sign in using your account details. You will also be able to download the mobile app and sign in using your Library Card and your EBSCOhost username and password.
- Once signed in on your computer, search for titles using the top search box, or choose a category from the Browse by Category list.
- Once you have selected a title either choose PDF Full Text or EPUB Full Text to read online.
- Or click on Download this eBook (Offline) to checkout and download to your computer.
- Choose your checkout period – up to 21 days.
- If you have a choice of formats you will be prompted to choose one, choose your format and click Checkout and Download.
- When prompted choose to save the file.
- Find the file on your computer (for Windows check the Downloads folder), and double click to open in Adobe Digital Editions. (See 'Apps and Downloads' above for instructions on how to download and authorise ADE).
- Start reading!
Using the App:
- Download the app to your smart device.
- Create an Adobe ID.
- Open the app on your device.
- Enter your Adobe ID and password and tap Authorise.
- Tap Find Books.
- Select Australia from the drop-down menu. Select QLD, then select Logan City Council Libraries from the list of available libraries displayed.
- Enter your complete borrower number located under the barcode on your library card.
- To find a book, enter terms in the search box and tap the magnifying glass, or select a category from the Browse box.
- When you have selected a book, tap Download (Offline) to download the item to your device.
- Login to your personal My EBSCOhost account when prompted.
- Select a checkout period from the drop-down menu and tap Checkout & Download. The title will download to your device.
- Your downloaded books can be found under Bookshelf.