Includes US and UK Census collections, birth, marriage and death databases, immigration records, family facts and more. Ancestry Library is accessible free of charge in any Logan City Council Library.
Ancestry Library Edition is only available from the library branches.
Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases.
Ancestry delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more. It’s an unprecedented online collection from North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and many more countries.
Popular databases available on Ancestry Library Edition include:
- Australian electoral rolls 1856-1980
- WA passenger lists, 1852-1930
- New South Wales census, 1828 and 1841
- New South Wales passenger lists, 1826-1922
- Australian convict index, 1788-1868
- UK census, 1841-1911
- UK birth, marriage & death indexes, 1837-2005
- UK National Probate Calendar, 1861-1941
- British Army WW1 pension records
- British phone books, 1880-1984
- UK outgoing passenger lists, 1890-1960
- UK incoming passenger lists, 1878-1960
- London parish records
- New Zealand electoral rolls, 1853-1981
- US census, 1790-1040
- Canada census, 1851-1911
- Basic and advanced search functionalities
- Message Boards to connect with others across the globe in search of family
- Learning Center that will help you jumpstart your research, access to research aids, tips and tricks from Ancestry experts
- Charts & Census Forms
Connect directly with Ancestry Library Edition or view the below instructional videos to get you started!
1. Ancestry Library Edition: Home Page. The home page of Ancestry Library Edition offers basic search options and links to key collections.
2. Ancestry Library Edition: Card Catlogue.
The card catalogue lets you browse and search collections easily in Ancestry Library Edition.
3. Ancestry Library Edition: Advanced Search. Ancestry Library Edition offers additional search limits and fields on the advanced search page.
4. Ancestry Library Edition: Interactive Viewer. The Interactive Viewer offers advanced tools and features to enhance your use of images found in Ancestry Library Edition.
5. Ancestry Library Edition: Image Viewer. Advanced and standard viewers offer tools for viewing images in Ancestry Library Edition.