Logan City Council Libraries provides a free Homework Help program assisting school students during term time only.
This program is available at the following locations:
Beenleigh: Tuesday 3.30 – 4.30 pm
Logan Central: Monday-Thursday 3.30 – 4.30 pm
Marsden: Wednesday 3 – 4.00 pm
Summer reading clubs will run over the school holidays at all Logan City Council Libraries, with the Homework Help program to return from February 2014.
To view the Channel 7 report, click on the image below.
How can you win an iPad2?
Thanks to Logan Libraries and yourtutor, you can enter to win every time you sign in to the yourtutor Online Homework Centre to ask a homework or study question.
Simply type your email address in the yourtutor after-tutorial survey and get a pdf copy of your tutorial conversation.
The iPad2 even comes with $150 12 months data credit, plus there are $50 book vouchers to win.
The competition closes end of Term 2.
Get started this afternoon with yourtutor.com.au!
2012 will see a whole range of amazing, fun reading activities taking place around Australia and online, so people of all ages, from different backgrounds, can discover and rediscover the joy of reading.
Australian libraries and library associations are supporting a campaign to turn 2012 into the National Year of Reading, linking together all the great things that are already happening around books, reading and literacy, and giving them an extra boost with inspirational programs and events taking place across the country.
Many events and activities are planned for 2012. A few of these include:
- It’s never too late … to learn to read. An adult learners’ week short story writing competiton.
- One country reading. The search for eight books to define the Australian experience.
- Creative reading prize. For teens, we will be running the National Year of Reading Creative Reading prize.
- Australia’s first Children’s Laureate. This December Australia will name its very first Chidren’s Literature Laureate!
Have a sneak peek at what NYOR 2012 is all about.
The "Get set for Prep" Expo is being held at Beenleigh Library offering parents and children the opportunity to talk with staff from schools in the local area to find out more about the school, the enrolment process, open days and what children can expect from the Prep year.
The Expo begins on Friday 26 August from 12noon – 4pm and carries over to the Saturday 27 August from 9am – 12.30pm and is held at Beenleigh Library, Crete Street, Beenleigh.
- Free entry
- School displays – student’s work and uniforms
- Talk to teachers
- Free sample bag
- Free entry into the lucky door prize
- Pre student performances
- Free sausage sizzle on Saturday (10am – 12noon)
Schools participating include:
- Eagleby South
- Edens Landings
- Mt Warren Park
- Cedar Creek
The prep expo is an initiative of the Beenleigh/Eagleby AEDI Response group.
The 2010/2011 Summer Read.Flip.Win Competition is here! It’s simple to participate:
1. You must be in Grade 8 -12 in 2011.
2. Read a book
3. Shoot a short video (up to two minutes long). It can be a Video Book Review (why you liked the book) or a Video Book Trailer.
4. Post it to your YouTube account.
5. Tag your YouTube Video with LLSRFW10/11
6. Fill in an entry form available from all Logan Libraries
The contest runs from December to January, so please enter videos anytime between December 1 and January 31, 2011. Winners will be announced in February. You can enter as many videos as you like – they just need to have separate YouTube URLs and be entered separately.
For more information checkout our Teen site, Talk to Me.